Hi guys! Popping in tonight because I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Erin over at The Elementary Darling! Thanks girl, I loved reading your answers and random facts!!
Here are the rules-
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Contact my nominees and let them know that I nominated them
Here are the questions from Erin! :)
1. What is your favorite thing about your job?
I think my #1 favorite thing from my job is seeing that lightbulb go off in my kiddos heads when they finally grasp a new concept! Teaching students with moderate to intensive needs, these new skills can sometimes take months to master, so that day is a very exciting one!!
2. Which do you like better, instagram or facebook?
Hands down, Instagram! It's quick, I can post/check it easily, and if I go on Facebook it's for pictures anyways! Love LOVE IG! (come find me @myspeciallearners)!
3. Do you have a theme for your classroom decor? If so, what is it?
Sadly, I don't. :( My current classroom is set up with each of my 6 students having their own "office" with walls that are sadly yellow, red, green, and blue colors. It's very primary and basic, especially because I don't want to overwhelm my students with sensory issues! I love looking at pictures of pretty, decked out classrooms!
4. How many siblings do you have?
I have 2 younger brothers! Oldest child syndrome here. :)
5. Who is your favorite clip art designer?
Krista Wallden on TPT! She has the cutest stuff!
6. What is your favorite topic or subject to teach?
Math!!! Math was always my favorite subject when I was younger because of how concrete and cut & dry it was. I always hated how many rules and exceptions there were in Language Arts. I find myself always starting with Math IEP goals before hitting the Language Arts ones!
7. What is your favorite store to shop in?
Ooooh, tough choice between Target and Marshalls! Target is obviously a girl's paradise (especially for teachers!), but I do LOVE Marshalls as well! I'll call it a tie!
8. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Cleveland girl all the way! More into basketball and baseball than football. Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
9. What is your favorite children's author?
All of the Skippyjon Jones books by Judith Byron Schachner!
10. What is your favorite T.V. show?
Oh boy, another tough one! There's quite a few "favorites" on my list. If I had to choose ONE right now, I guess I'd say New Girl! I love Zooey and it's always lighthearted and funny after a long day at work.
11. Do you have any pets?
Not right now. :( My parents still have a dog Sophie that I visit every so often! Single apartment living isn't the best time to have a pet. Someday!
11 Random Facts About Me!
1. My birthday is on 9/11. I can never tell someone my birthday without them making some sort of comment!
2. I originally wanted to be a Middle School Math/Science teacher. Senior year of HS I observed Middle School and HATED it, then ended up falling in love with Special Education!
3. I've never had the chicken pox.
4. I was just stung by my first bee this month! (At the top of a mountain...thank God I wasn't allergic!)
5. I held the girls record for number of pull ups in elementary school for my grade level. Thanks, gymnastics! (couldn't do one now if I tried)
6. I ran my first (and God help me it BETTER be) my last marathon in October of 2013! I had bronchitis most of my training and never ran more than 14 miles before the full 26.2, but I was bound and determined to check it off my bucket list!
7. Next thing I want to check off my list: skydiving!
8. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease on my 12th birthday, which inevitably got me into running half marathons through fundraising!
9. I took horseback riding in college for a quarter...it was the coolest class ever!
10. I could quote almost the entire movie "A Cinderella Story" with Hilary Duff. Embarrassing.
11. I can play piano, saxophone, clarinet, & bass clarinet. I was in Marching Band and Wind Ensemble in HS...love music! Miss it every day!
Here are the questions for my nominees!
1. What grade(s) do you teach and how long have you been teaching?
2. When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
3. If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you choose?
4. What do you like to do on breaks/summer vacation?
5. What is your favorite travel spot?
6. If you had to choose your last meal, what would it be?
7. What is your greatest vice?
8. Favorite children's book and adult book?
9. Who is your favorite blogger?
10. What is your favorite store to shop in?
11. Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks? Or something totally different?
Be sure to check out and follow these awesome blogs! :)